As the COVID-19 situation continues, CIHI is aligning ICD-10-CA coding directions with information from WHO. For COVID-19, the following codes can be used:
- Confirmed cases using U07.1 Emergency Use of U07.1 (COVID-19, virus identified); and,
- Suspected cases using U07.2 Emergency Use of U07.2 (COVID-19, virus not identified)
To locate these codes in MED e-care:
- Open the Diagnosis Search window in ADT or Care Plan
- Ensure that either All Diagnoses List or ICD10 CA Full List is selected as a filter
- Search for Diagnosis Code U071 or U072
Article is closed for comments.