MED e-care is excited to announce that we have updated the look and feel of the LOA feature. "Leave of Absence". LOA can be used to record that a resident is not in the home for a period of time.
- Resident Information- The Administration Notes window now shows the resident's information at the top including Name, Chart Number, Bed, Allergies, Diagnosis and Diet to make it consistent across the MAR
- Quick Filter - On the LOA Status Screen you can filter to show:
- All = All residents in the home
- LOA = Residents who are on Leave of Absence
- In-House = Residents whose medication is scheduled to be given
- Improved Search - Allows the records to be further filtered using a search term
Put a resident on LOA (Leave of Absence)
You can manage the LOA status of your residents by clicking the LOA button on the Medication Rounds page.
- Click on e-MAR within the green bar
- Click on LOA/Self-Administration For All Clients
- To set a resident to LOA, search for their name and select them from the list
- Complete the Start Date and Time (when the resident left the home or is due to leave) and the anticipated End Date and Time (when they are expected to return to the home) to set your resident to LOA.
- Select the reason they are not in the home from the drop-down list
- Click Save.
If you do not know when your resident will be returning to the home, enter a date quite far into the future (3 months for example). You are able to release them from LOA if they come back early, or extend their LOA if they do not come back when anticipated.
How to release a resident from LOA early
Ensure the release date is prior to the start of the medication round if you intent to give medications for the resident upon their return
- To amend the End Date (the date they will be returning to the home) search for and click on your resident as above.
- Edit the date and times as required. When you have successfully updated this, click Save.
- If you are releasing them from LOA you will be prompted to confirm if you wish to release the LOA. When asked you can either Cancel or OK.
We welcome your feedback on how this new feature is improving your resident’s care and your staff's compliance. More importantly we'd love to hear about how we can make it better and easier to use.
We will continue to review this feature as we receive more feedback.