Medication Administration/Follow up notes have been updated to make it easier for you to enter notes and to create and complete follow up notes.
Updates to Administration Notes:
- Resident Information - The Administration Notes window now shows the resident's information at the top including Name, Chart Number, Bed, Allergies, Diagnosis and Diet to make it consistent across the MAR
- Medication Information - Shows which medication the administration note is being recorded for along with details such as the instructions
- Administration Status - Shows the current status of the medication schedule being viewed and the date and time of the administration if there is an administration record
- Persistent Previous Notes -Shows all historical notes that have been recorded for the medication order
- Search - Allows the historical notes to be filtered easily to find specific notes. Searching can find notes from any of the fields
Add an Administration Note
- To add an administration note click on the Note button
- Enter the note in the note box and Click Add Note
- Now you have saved an administration note, the Note button for this medication will turn blue
- If the administration note you are recording requires a follow up you can tick the box for 'follow-up required' to enter the follow up date and time, then add the note
- The note button will then show as red meaning that a follow up note is required.
Complete a Follow Up
- To complete a follow up click on the red note button
- Tick the checkbox on the left hand side of the follow up you wish to complete to fill in your follow up note.
- Fill in the details of your follow-up note (your actions and their outcome), the date and time this was actually completed and click ‘Save’.
- Once all follow ups have been completed the note button will change from red back to blue.
- You can then click the button again to enter a new administration note.