1. How to setup the password reset email for your site
The Password Reset feature will allow the verified users to reset their password without having to contact the support department. Before this feature can be used, sites must set their security preferences with MED e-Care. Only a member of a facility’s senior management team can provide these security preferences to MED e-care.
You can set an Approved Email for Password Reset. You can choose to allow your employees to reset their password one of the following three ways:
- All Emails - Your employee can choose to have their password reset link sent to a personal email.
- Specific Addresses Only - You can set an email address where all password reset links are sent. The owner of this address would be required to manage all password reset requests.
- Specific Domain - This would mean email addresses with a verified domain (usually associated with the Care Home Group) would be valid to issue a password reset link.
Please speak to a member of our support team to set this up.
- The Multi-facility users will not be able to reset their passwords using the above mentioned steps. You should call the Support Department for further assistance.
- Users with access to sites on different servers will need to reset their password once for each server.
- The status of the username should be “Active” in the system.
2. How to setup your password reset email address
Please follow the below instructions to setup the email address where your password reset link will be issued.
1. Login to your account and click on My Account
2. Click on Password Reset Email Setup
3. Type in the email address provided by your manager, then click Verify Email
4. An email with instuctions will be sent to the email address provided.
5. You will receive an email from MED e-Care asking you to verify your recovery email. Please click this link. Verify Recovery Email
- Depending on your site settings, you may be able to use a personal email address for the password reset link to be sent.
- When you have verified your password reset email, you will be able to use the password reset feature, without having to contact our support line.
3. How to reset your password on the MED e-Care login page
If you forget your password when you are signing into MED e-Care, you can reset this from the login page. Please use the following instructions to reset your password:
1. Click on Forgot your password?
2. Please enter the User ID that you use to access your account. If it doesn't recognise the User ID you enter, this may be causing the Login Failed. Please ask your administration team to confirm your User ID or contact MED e-Care support directly.
Please Note: If a user attempts to reset their password but there is no verified email associated with the account, user will receive message “no verified email found”
3. A temporary password will be issued to the email address associated with your account. To retrieve this password, open up your emails and click on the link provided to you by MED e-Care.
4. You will be directed to a web page which will prompt you to change your password. Please enter a New Password and confirm this underneath. Once you have filled out this information, click Apply Changes.
Once this has successfully updated, you will be able to access your account with the new password.