1) Login and click e-MAR on the green bar, next click on Orders on the blue bar, finally click on Medication Profile on the white bar.
2) Click on Manage next to the appropriate medication that you would like to manage. You can view expired/discontinued/on-hold orders by changing the selection filter.
3) To place an order On Hold, click Hold Order.
4) Select a start date and time and end date and time for the Hold. The medication will not be able to be administered between these two times. You can quickly select the date by clicking on the small calendar icon. If the hold is indefinite, click the box next to indefinite hold. Click Place a Hold to put the medication on hold for this resident.
5) To discontinue an order, click on Discontinue Order.
6) Enter an effective date and time from when you would like the medication to be discontinued from, and click discontinue order.
7) To edit instructions regarding an order, click on Edit Order.
8) You can change the administration instructions for this medication by typing the instructions then clicking update instruction.
9) You can update the route of administration (how it is taken) by selecting a new route from the list and clicking update route.
10) You can change the times at which a medication is scheduled to be given by typing a new time (in 24 hour format - hhmm) and then clicking Update schedule. Detailed Steps to Amend Schedules
You may also change the start date and end date of the medication, by changing the date using the format dd-mm-yyyy, then clicking Update schedule.
Note: Only one schedule can be changed at a time, so if 3 times needed to be changed, the first one would be changed - click update schedule - then the second one would be changed - click update schedule - the third would be changed - click update schedule.
11) The On Hand amount (stock amount) of a medication may be changed. If any medications are being destroyed/returned to pharmacy, enter this in the box labelled destroyed returned. If you are changing the On Hand amount for a different reason, first, type in the new On Hand amount. Next, add a note explaining why you are changing the On Hand amount. Finally, click Update Quantity.
There are other ways of navigating to the Manage Order page:
a) On the MAR page for a resident, click on the Mange Order button.
b) Search for a resident using the Search Client button.
Select the name of the resident from the list.
From the quick entry toolbar, select medication profile, then click Manage next to the appropriate medication, as before.