1) Click on e-MAR on the green bar then click on Orders on the blue bar. Finally make sure you are on Add To MAR/TAR.
2) To complete section 1 click on the magnifying glass to select your resident, then for section 2 select Homely Remedy from the prescriber list and finally click on MAR for section 3.
3) Click on the magnifying glass to select your medication from the list of homely remedies.
4) Click on the Homely Remedy you would like to administer.
5) Set the frequency to STAT if this medication is to be given once only and enter a dispensed amount (how much you are giving to the resident); finally change the duration to 1 day. Otherwise if the homely remedy is to be scheduled or given as a PRN select the corresponding Frequency and enter the dispensed amount as the quantity you have reserved for this administration for the full duration.
6) Select a pharmacy source, and then click Add to MAR Now. This will add a record of administration for this Homely Remedy if its a STAT otherwise this will be added to the Residents MAR or to Receive Orders to be booked in.
7) When prompted, click OK.
Your homely remedy is now administered and will appear under the administered section on the MAR screen
Article is closed for comments.