To add a location of administration for items such as patches we use the Body Map. This tool allows for the user to see historical administration locations and to add current administrations.
1) The Body Map can only be used whilst in a residents MED round. Before we can select a location on the body we must first administer the medication. Click on the Administered box.
2) Amend any details if needed and click Save.
3) Click on the grey man to open the Body Map tool.
4) This is the Body Map tool. Blue dots represent historical administrations. To add a current location for administration click on the body and a Green dot will appear. This is your current location.
You can hover of the Blue and Green dots to find out when the medication was administered and by whom. Click Close to go back to the resident's MAR.
5) Your grey man will now have turned black with a Green dot and possibility a Blue dot. The Green dot is confirmation that a current location of administration has been placed.
Struggling to place a Green dot? Make sure you have marked the medication as administered on the system first.
If you are having a problem opening the body map make sure your browser is Internet Explorer and the zoom on the page is set to 100%.