Following this week’s software maintenance, we are excited to announce these updates have been applied to the application.
A new audit log message has been added under e-MAR >> Administration >> Audit >> EditAdminEntry to log the overwritten data when a medication is administered/not administered a second time. The system will now log both the old and the new values for audit purposes.
Sample Log Message: [User] edited Admin History from [Old admin value] to [New admin value], Amount: [new amount], Admin Time: [new admin time], Reason: [not admin reason if applicable - otherwise show blank], Note: [new note] for Rx: [order number] [medication name] for resident chart: [chart number]. Witnessed by: [witness signature] Reason for edit: [witness signature reason] PREVIOUSLY [old admin value] [old amount & unit] at [old admin time], Reason: [not admin reason if applicable - otherwise show blank] Note: [old note] by [old user]
V5 MAR User Permissions
Three new V5 Manage Order user permissions are now available under Settings >>Security >> Application Roles >> Category: MAR >> Object Type: MAR which will allow you to edit the Instructions, Schedule, and Route information related to any medication order in V5 Manage Order window.
- Update Instructions
- When Enabled- The Instructions field is enabled and you can edit it.
- When Disabled- The Instructions text field is disabled.
- Update Route
- When Enabled- The Route dropdown menu is enabled.
- When Disabled- The Route dropdown menu is disabled
- Update Schedule
- When Enabled- The elements (MAR/TAR toggle button, Schedule Fields, Delete button, Add Give Time button, and Add PRN button) will be enabled.
- When Disabled- The elements (MAR/TAR toggle button, Schedule Fields, Delete button, Add Give Time button, and Add PRN button) will be disabled.
PRN Protocol Widget
A new PRN Protocol Widget has been added under dashboard that will provide all the PRN details and will also be used to keep track of overdue PRN’s reviews.
- This widget will show all the PRN medications for the residents under “Order” column.
- Associated PRN Protocol column display “Yes” if there is a PRN Protocol associated with the order and display “No” if there is no associated PRN protocol.
- Days until Review column display the “Number of days” until the review is due OR will display “Overdue” if the review date has already passed.
- Clicking on a record that has the PRN Protocol will bring you to the PRN Protocol screen. A new button “Manage Protocol” has been added on the PRN Protocol screen. Clicking on this button will open up the Manage PRN Protocol screen where you can review/delete the protocol.
- You can also customize the grid using the filter options like Search Bar, Type, and Due In and can view the results as per your requirements.
- You can use the Export feature to download the details.
- Security Role Access- The users who has the appropriate access can edit the PRN Protocol when opened for viewing.
- Role: Settings >> Security >> Application Roles >> Category: MAR >> Object Type: MAR.
- When Execute is Enabled- You can see the Manage Protocol button on the View Protocol screen and you can click on it to review/delete the protocol.
- When Execute is Disabled- You will not see the Manage Protocol button on the View Protocol screen and will not be able to review the protocol.
How to access this feature:
- Navigate to Dashboard on the Green bar.
- Make sure you have enabled the “PRN Protocol” widget.
- Navigate to the widget, set your desired filters and click on the record to review the details.
Please sign in to leave a comment.