Editing an order
- Before an Edit is confirmed, the user must review the previous schedule and confirm what changes need to be applied.
- All Edits in Receive Orders must have a reason for the edit.
- All Edits in Receive Orders must have a double signature.
MED e-care has implemented an AS DIRECTED flag on Receive Orders so that your team will clearly see which items may need to be reviewed and or re-scheduled. This flag says "This item has been flagged for review"
1. Click the button for View/Edit Schedule
2. The next window will show the current schedule sent by your pharmacy
3. Click the Edit Schedules button at the bottom right to open the editing screen
4. A warning that says "You are about to make changes to a Pharmacy Order. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to the previous screen." will be displayed on the screen
5. Click OK to continue
6. The schedule can now be edited:
6.1. Remove administrative times by clicking Delete next tot he schedule
6.2. Add times by clicking Add Give Time
6.3. Create a custom cycle by using the Every field to customise the schedule
6.4 Choose from a list of Pre-Defined Frequencies which match those configured in Add-to-MAR
6.5. **START DATE can be adjusted for Custom Cycle Medications and NEW Pharmacy orders only.
7. Once the edits are completed, click Save All Edits. Alternatively, click Reset All Edits to start again.
8. A confirmation page which requires the following will be displayed:
8.1. Users must review and compare the Original Schedule against the New Schedule
8.2. Users must provide a Reason for the edit
8.3. A second User must be present to provide a Witness Signature to complete the edit
9. Once reason and witness signature have been entered, click Confirm
Rejecting and Reporting
- The Edit Orders in receive orders is not designed to replace rejecting and or reporting of dispensing errors to your pharmacy.
- If your pharmacy has sent incorrect schedule information across for your resident's medication, it is recommended that you check the copy of prescriptions and the copy of the order and liaise with the pharmacy.
- If it is established that an error has been made then REJECT this medication and request that the pharmacy send it again with the correct schedule.
- It is recommended that your home team only edits orders which have come across with the schedule of As Directed unless there are extenuating circumstances. Please refer to your home or care group's policies to confirm you have permissions to edit other medication orders.
- Examples of these circumstances may include:
- A once weekly patch which has shifted schedules due to an early removal
- A Warfarin sent with specific give amounts
- If the prescription instructions for your medication have changed, you must not change these on the Edit Orders in Receive Orders. It is recommended that you REJECT this item and either complete an Add-to-MAR with the correct instruction or request that the pharmacy update the instruction and re-send it.
**This feature is currently available to select Pharmacies only. If you wish to enable this feature, MED e-care must have permission from your Pharmacy first. Please contact MED e-care if you would like to confirm the availability of this feature for your Pharmacy.