Please ensure all time changes are approved by the Doctor or Clinical Lead. Also inform your designated Pharmacy provider about the time changes.
To amend a schedule due to incorrect scheduling or as a result of a change a resident's care, follow these steps.
In this example Prednisolone 5mg tablets with an original schedule time of 1100 and Start Date of 01-03-2016 needs to be changed to 1300 starting from 07-06-2017.
1. From within Edit Order in the Manage Order, Select the Start Date you want the new schedule to begin (For dates in the past, the Start Date cannot be changed to dates prior to the last valid administration history of the order)
2. Change the Time and click Update Schedule
3. Medication Order schedule has been updated successfully message will be displayed
4. When you click on Edit Order again you should see the amended schedule together with the old schedule.
5. Use the Print Order Scheduled to confirm that the time change has taken effect as expected.
NB: Amend the start and end date of the new and old schedules IF any duplicated scheduled are created as a result.
a. If this is a new order with no administration history, the time change will be effective from the new Start Date selected. There will be only one schedule, the new one, displayed in Edit Order starting from the new Start Date selected.
b. If there are valid administrations, the new schedule will be effective from the new Start Date selected. The old schedule will have an end date applied and also remain displayed in Edit Order to preserve the administration history.
c. If the start date was not amended during the time change (Not recommended. Always select a date for the new time change to take effect as explained in the steps above), the new schedule will be effective from the last valid administration history. Be aware that duplicates may result if the new time is greater than the old time.
d. If the start date was not amended during the time change (Not recommended. Always select a date for the new time change to take effect as explained in the steps above), the new schedule will be effective from the original start date if there is no valid administration history.